Computing helps to gain, and develop an understanding of current and emerging technologies, which are central to the aims of Business and Enterprise. This is an exciting course that provides the appropriate balance of practical and theoretical content to ensure that students can progress into further education or employment.
What will you study?
The curriculum is up-to-date and relevant, reflecting the blend of business, technical, interpersonal and project skills needed by someone who is thinking of a career in Computing. Students will have access to up-to-date hardware and software and become familiar with programmes and techniques that can be transferred across other subject areas.
- Fundamentals of computer systems
- Computing hardware
- Representation of data in computer systems
- Computer communications and networking
How will you be assessed?
- 40% Exam
- 30% Controlled Assessment 1
- 30% Controlled Assessment 2
What skills will you develop?
- To be able to use different tools and techniques to solve real world problems.
Future pathways available post 16
- A Level ICT
- A Level Computing
- BTEC Level 3 Game Design
- BTEC Level 3 ICT
Exam Board - OCR GCSE