1.1 Curriculum Aims
A thinking curricuum
At Blacon High School, our core values of respect, resilience and relationships are at the heart of everything we do. We set high expectations to ensure that every student excels across all aspects of school life. Our aim is to prepare every student for success and make outstanding progress through our ‘thinking curriculum’.
The subject-based curriculum is just one element of the education of our students. Our curriculum is the vehicle through which we profess and articulate our vision to ‘inspire students who love and enjoy learning’ and the school belief that ‘everyone can achieve’ regardless of background or starting point.
All at Blacon High School are committed to providing a curriculum that:
- Experience a broad, deep and knowledge rich curriculum;
- Has high expectations for student behaviour and achievement
- Meets the needs of all students so that they are able to realise their full potential
- Develops the whole child by promoting students’ spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development
- Prepares all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences presented by life in 21st Century Britain.
By doing so, all students will become:
- Confident and optimistic individuals who take full advantage of the opportunities presented to them
- Responsible and active citizens who conduct themselves in a way that benefits others
- Academically passionate and emotionally resilient
- Successful learners who develop an ever-increasing web of knowledge and autonomously seek and learn from feedback