Further message from the headteacher
Dear parents and carers,
Further to my communication on social media today, I would like to update you on the situation. This morning, we alerted the Police to an email making threats to the school and some other schools within the local authority. Cheshire Police have said that they believe this to be malicious and are currently investigating.
As a result of this, we followed our critical incident procedures, implementing additional measures as a precaution to ensure all students and staff remain safe in school. As you know, the site is secured each day as a matter of course. Our local Police officers attended the school and also provided a presence at the end of the day to reassure everyone within the community.
Cheshire Police have issued a statement as follows:
At around 10.05am on Tuesday 12 September, police were made aware of an email which had been sent to a number of schools in Chester and Ellesmere Port which made threats to pupils and staff.
An investigation has been launched and officers have been attending schools to provide reassurance.
Detective Chief Inspector Justin Hancock said: “We would like to reassure parents that this is believed to be malicious and we are doing everything we can to locate the person responsible for these emails."
I would like to reassure parents that school will remain open as usual. We take safeguarding seriously as a school and have appropriate procedures in place to ensure the safety of students and staff on site.
We ask that you contact the main reception if you need to come in to the building during the day, as the front entrance and gate will remain closed for the rest of the week, as a precautionary measure.
We will speak to students in the morning to reassure them and will continue to provide any further updates as we receive them.