Year 11 - Personal statement
Welcome to the Year 11 Personal Statement webpage. We've produced this short guide on writing a personal statement to help you with the process. In order to do this successfully, you need to convey your passion and enthusiasm for the subjects you want to study within your application to your chosen sixth form or college.
You need to complete the following tasks:
1. Read through the examples of personal statements.
2. Download the personal statement template here to help you structure your statement.
3. Look at the help sheet. This will give you ideas for what should be written under each section.
4. Write your personal statement using the headings you are given.
5. Ask your parent(s) or a friend to read your personal statement.
6. Once you are happy with your personal statement ask one of your teachers or Mrs Threadgold to read through it.
Remember, the personal statement is an opportunity for you to sell yourself to a college or sixth form. Tell them about yourself and all the things you have done during your time at school and what you hope to achieve in the future
[button link="http://www.blaconhighschool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Personal-Statement-help-sheet.pdf" size="large" style="note" text="grey" window="yes"]Personal Statement Help Sheet[/button] [button link="http://www.blaconhighschool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Personal-Statement-template.docx" size="large" style="note" text="grey" window="yes"]Personal Statement Template[/button] [button link="http://www.blaconhighschool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Example-Personal-Statements-2.pdf" size="large" style="note" text="grey" window="yes"]Personal Statement Examples[/button]