WJEC GCSE Course
The Science department aims to inspire and nurture the future generation of scientists, greatly increasing young people’s choices and chances through an occupation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Through studying Triple Science you will develop important analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills that will prepare you for a broad range of further academic study.
What will you study?
Our curriculum is built around the real life situations and experiences that young people face in everyday life, making what you learn useful, interesting and relevant. Practical, hands on activities underpin our approach to scientific study both within and outside the laboratory.
How will you be assessed?
What skills will you develop?
- An understanding of the relationships between hypotheses, evidence, theories and explanations.
- An awareness of risk and the ability to assess potential risks and benefits of science.
- Observational, practical, modelling, enquiry and problem solving skills.
- Skills in communication, mathematics and the use of technology in scientific contexts.
- The ability to critically analyse and evaluate claims based on science.
Future pathways available post 16
- A Level Physics
- A Level Biology
- A Level Environmental Science
- A Level Psychology
- A Level Chemistry