We continue to review the current situation with regards to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus across the country. Whilst we have had no confirmed cases connected with school, we are closely following the planning and advice from the government and Public Health England (PHE). This is updated on a daily basis.
We are carefully planning within school for any potential disruption to school life so that we can best manage this in the coming weeks. This includes uploading resources to Google Classroom for students to access at home, and printing additional revision/work booklets if required. Please refer to the school website, Facebook and Twitter for any further information.
At this stage the advice from Public Health England is for schools to remain open and to operate as normal. We will, of course, keep all parents fully informed of any course of action we will need to take if that guidance changes. We have made the decision to postpone the Year 7 Parents’ Evening scheduled for Wednesday 18th March and plan to continue with other sporting fixtures at this stage, unless we are advised otherwise next week.
At this stage, we have no confirmed cases of any student or staff member with coronavirus. We are taking a number of measures to support the ‘delay’ phase currently being implemented by the government.
- Any child with a new persistent cough, high temperature or shortness of breath should remain at home for 7 days, and parents should notify the school. For any further advice, please contact Public Health England at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- Any member of staff with the above symptoms will also be remaining at home for 7 days
- Students and staff in school are being reminded of the need for regular handwashing throughout the day, following Public Health guidelines
- Additional cleaning of door handles and hand rails around school is taking place throughout the day
- We are asking all visitors to wash their hands on arrival into school
I would like to thank you in advance for your support regarding this matter over the coming weeks and we will continue to update you as the situation changes.